Sunday, May 10, 2015

About Me

Wow, thanks for taking the time to look at my blog!  I had a sit down with a student for an interview recently, you can find a bit of the dialogue below.

Student: So, tell me a little bit about yourself...

I've had the honor of teaching history for about 10 years now.  When I'm not in my classroom you can find me sitting at a local coffee shop, hanging with my family or playing basketball. I have been blessed with a gorgeous wife and three beautiful children.

Student: When did you know you wanted to become a teacher?

Each grade I was in since first grade, I thought I wanted to teach that grade.  After college I realized I loved History so I narrowed it down to teaching that subject in the middle and high school grades.

Student:  What are five "must-see" history movies that you would recommend to me?

There are too many, but I'd say watch:  Saving Private Ryan, Forest Gump, Last of the Mohicans, Dr. Strangelove, Gladiator, Schindler's List, Band of Brothers, and if you have time, watch a few episodes of Downton Abbey.. hahah.

Student: Your class was one of my favorite classes, why do you think that is?

Well, history is really just a bunch of stories, so it should be fun.  I try to make sure each assignment is both challenging and relevant. If I'm able to connect topics to things that students already know about, it's easy to keep them engaged.

No comments:

Post a Comment